Hot Melt Tape
1. What's the difference between hot melt tape (Synthetic Rubber Tape) and acrylic tape (Water Base Acrylic Tape ) ?
Hot Melt Tape (Synthetic Rubber Tape) has a better performance than Acrylic Tape (Water Base Acrylic Tape ) and it is very good for auto machine packaging. But Acrylic Tape is cheaper than Hot Melt Packaging Tape, so Acrylic Tape is more popular. Hot Melt Tape has a less range than Acrylic Tape.
2. What are the popular specifications of BOPP Hot Melt Tape (BOPP Synthetic Rubber Tape)?
Generally, for hand use, it is 25um film with 16gr/m² adhesive. For machine use, it is 28um film with 17gr/m² adhesive.
3. What are the features of PP Hot Melt Tape?
High peeling adhesion and high shear value, easy unwinding. This is why PP Hot Melt Tape is the best choice for auto machine sealing. Furthermore, it is ideal for Recycled Cardboard.
4. Can Hyseal do Printed Hot Melt Tape?
Yes, one color, two colors and three colors are available.
5. Can Bopp Hot Melt Tape (BOPP Synthetic Rubber Tape)be used for Frozen Packaging?
Yes, it could be but it must be premium grade. The film should be at least 30um and adhesive should be more than 20gr/m². Normally 32um film with 23gr/m² adhesive in total 55um is the best.
6. What's the shelf life of Hot Melt Tape?
Under normal temperature and humidity, it could be 18 months but when the temperature is quite high or low and if the goods are under direct sunshine, the shelf life is only 9 months.
7. What's the temperature resistance of PP Hot Melt Tape?
5-50 Celsius Degree. Lower or higher than this range will require special formulation and specifications.
8. Does Hyseal have PET Hot Melt Tape (PET Synthetic Rubber Tape)?
Yes, we can supply PET Hot Melt (PET Synthetic Rubber Tape). Film is 15um and adhesive could be 16-20gr/m². The PET Hot Melt Tape has a strong tensile strength and it is good for heavy duty packaging.
9. Can I get FREE Samples from Hyseal?
Yes please. Please get in touch with us by email email@example.com or call us on +86 769 81300836.
10. What's the MOQ of Hot Melt Tape?
For clear and brown color, no MOQ limitation. For white and other colors, MOQ is 15120 m² (about 132ctns of 48mm x 66m).
1. How many colours can Hyseal do for Printed Tape(Customized Tape/Personalized Tape), and what's the MOQ?
Hyseal can print maximum 3 colors for Packaging Tapes. MOQ is 5000m², about 1560 rolls of 48mm x 66m. Read our coloured adhesive tape for additional information.
2. Is the BOPP Acrylic Packing Tape solvent free?
Yes, Water Base Acrylic Packing Tape and Hot Melt Packing Tape both are solvent free. They are eco-friendly and can be directly recycled.
3. Is BOPP tape degradable?
For most of the BOPP Packaging Tapes, the film is not degradable so it cannot be buried into the earth directly. However, there is degradable film available but cost is very high.
4. What's the difference between Super Clear Tape and Crystal Clear Tape?
People are easy misunderstanding the difference of these tapes. Super Clear Tape normally has a higher opacity than Crystal Clear Tape, which means crystal clear tape is “clearer” than super clear tape. The film for these two tapes are different.
5. What are the widths available for low noise tape?
Hyseal is able to supply a full range of BOPP Low Noise Tape from 12mm to 96mm, normally including 12/15/18/24/25/36/38/45/48/50/60/72/75mm.
6. What are the colours for Coloured Tapes (BOPP Colourful Tape)?
Except for clear, brown and white colors, Hyseal can supply red, orange, yellow, green, blue, black, purple and honey colors. Furthermore, customized colors are also available. You may click the coloured adhesive tape page for more information.
7. What's the max. length of machine tape (BOPP W/B Acrylic Machine Roll), 1500m or more?
Generally, the length of the Machine Tape is 990m or 1000m. But in some special markets like Japan, Argentina, Canada, people require longer rolls, so Hyseal can also produce 1500m, 1828m, 2000m machine roll tape for machine packaging.
8. What's the Best Tape for recycled carton?
The recycled cartons require higher grade of W/B Acrylic Carton Sealing Tapes, 28um film with 27gr/m² adhesive, or 32um film with 28gr/m² adhesive will be good for Recycled Cartons.
1. What is Smartape?
Smartape is made by 25mm inner diameter core with 150m or 200m tape length, it is totally different from traditional 3" core tapes and has lots of advantages.
2. What are the advantages of Smartape?
Comparing to standard packing tape, Smartape has 4 main features: save trees, save energy, save space and save cost. More details, please click here.
3. Does Hyseal supply Dispenser for Smartape?
Yes, we have a dispenser for Smartape. Its item no is D811523, for more dispensers, please click here.
4. What is the standard length of Smartape?
100m, 150m and 200m. To consider the usage feeling, efficiency, economical point, etc, 150m is the best choice.
5. What are the other inner core diameter available?
Besides 25mm inner core, we can also supply 38mm core (1.5’’) and 50mm core (2’’).
6. Is Smartape only for W/B Acrylic Tape?
The Smartape includes Water Base Acrylic, Hot Melt (Synthetic Rubber) and Water Base Low Noise Tapes. Its width can be changeable from 36mm to 72mm.
1. What's the Paper Tape?
Paper directly coated with Hot Melt adhesive or Acrylic adhesive, is used for Carton Packaging. It has the same function as BOPP Packaging Tapes but more eco-friendly.
2. What's the difference between Paper Tape and Kraft Paper Tape?
Paper tape can be coated with Hot Melt and Acrylic adhesive, the surface can be printed directly. The traditional Kraft Paper Tape can only coated with Hot Melt adhesive and its surface is silicon treated so it is slippy and can not be printed.
3. Why Paper Tape?
Now more and more countries require eco-friendly products including Packaging Materials. The BOPP Tapes can not be directly recycled with cartons and it is very difficult to peel off the tapes from the cartons. But the Paper Tape, though it is more expensive than BOPP Tapes, can be directly recycled with cartons. It is very eco-friendly. In Europe and Australia, New Zealand, the demand for Paper Tape is growing every year.
4. Can Paper Tape be Printable?
Yes, it can be printed directly without any pre-treatment and its printability is much better than BOPP Tapes.
5. How long is the shelf life of Paper Tape?
Based on Hot Melt adhesive, it is 18months and if it is based on Acrylic adhesive, the shelf life can be 3 years.
6. What types of adhesive are coated?
Water base Acrylic and Hot Melt (Synthetic Rubber). People like Water Base Acrylic more.
1. What's the MOQ of order?
MOQ of an order is a 20’ full container loaded with mixed items. The MOQ for each item needs to be discussed before placing the order. In order to save logistics costs and make landed cost lower, we suggest to order 40’ high cubic containers.
2. What's the lead time?
Generally our lead time is 35 days but it depends on the items inside the order. For Office Tapes and manual packaging products for retail markets, the lead time is 60 days.
3. What are the standard payment terms?
TT, LC, DP are the most frequent payment term we are using. For old and high reputable customers we can also accept OA.
4 .What are the incoterms?
EXW, FOB, CNF, CIF, DDU, DDP.
5. What are the currencies available?
We can accept payment in the currency of RMB, USD, HKD, EURO, GBP.
6. Is Hyseal ISO certified?
Yes, Hyseal is certified with ISO9001:2015. If you need a copy of our ISO certificate please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Where is the loading port?
We export from Shenzhen. There are three sea ports, Yantian, Shekou and Chiwan. Yantian is the biggest and busiest one.
8. Can customized brands be available?
Yes, we can accept OEM brands for core, cartons, label and tape.
9. What is Hyseal's production capability?
Our coating ability for Acrylic Tape is 12M SQM per month, coating ability for Hot Melt tape is 7M SQM per month, slitting ability is around 13M SQM per month.
10. What are Hyseal's procedures of complaint settlement?
No matter what kinds of complaints you have, our sales representative will give response/proposals/solutions within 48 hours.
11. Why choose us?
Focus on our core competitiveness: quality, service, innovation& Safety. Would like to send “Why choose us” to you.
The most commonly questions are shown above. If you can’t find the answer to your question or query , please email our Sales Team at email@example.com or call on +86 76981300836.